Our mission is to share God’s love with each other, our community, and the world.
♦ Worship this Sunday: because we are holding our annual meeting during our worship time, the services this Sunday will not be live streamed. If you are a member, associate member or regular friend of the congregation, you may join us via Zoom. You will find directions for that in these announcements. Live streaming will resume next Sunday, January 30th.
♦ Annual Meeting - In accordance with our constitution, Grace will hold its annual congregational meeting on Sunday, January 23rd at 10:00 a.m. in our sanctuary, within our Sunday Morning Worship Service. Please join us for this important opportunity to review our mission and ministry from last year and look ahead to this year and beyond. The agenda includes committee reports, the election of new church council members and approval of a ministry spending plan for 2022. Pertinent information can be found at our website
under MINISTRIES / MEMBER INFORMATION AND LINKS. If you need to know the member password, contact the office or a council member. If you are unable to attend in person, the meeting will be available live on Zoom. Use the Zoom link for "Congregational Council," also found under MINISTRIES / MEMBER INFORMATION AND LINKS.
♦ Zoom Bible Study meets Wednesdays at 7:00 p.m. via Zoom. The link can be found at the MINISTRIES/MEMBER INFORMATION tab of our website. We are currently looking at various texts found in I Corinthians. This coming week we'll study I Corinthians 8. We'll conclude this study on February 16 and then resume weekly Bible Study on Wednesday mornings at 10:00. We hope to be able to meet in fellowship hall depending upon how the Covid statistics are trending. Please join us -- drop ins are most welcome!
♦ Social Ministries - Mercy to the needy is a loan to God, and God pays back those loans in full. – Proverbs 19:17.
January has been designated for VISTE (Volunteers in Service to the Elderly). Canned and non-perishable foods are needed for individual meals. VISTE delivers not only hot meals, but commodity boxes so the people who are able can prepare their own meals. Transportation, monthly commodity boxes, hot meals, and wheelchair ramps are just a few of the programs carried out by VISTE volunteers. The primary goal is to enable elderly persons to remain in their own homes. They are always in need of volunteer delivery persons. If interested in volunteering, you can contact them at VISTE.org.
♦ Grace Choir -- we are so grateful for our choir that enhances and helps lead our worship on Sunday mornings. If you would like to join in whether for a few weeks or several months, please talk to Harold Wright, our Music Director.
♦ Fellowship Time – We have resumed our fellowship time together in the fellowship hall. As long as the Covid statistics for Polk County continue their current trends, we will meet each Sunday. If you would like to help, please sign the sheet on the desk in the narthex. (And if you would like to team up with someone else, we can help make that happen.)
♦ Prayer list: Alena Baskin, Jenna Baumann, Margaret Cawood, Anna Mae Chinault, Julie Dunston, Alan Gassen, Carol Grzegorczyk, Anne Guilford, Allen Hagemeyer, JoAnn Herrick, Betty Leitenberger, Jane Lemley, Dione de Sá Martins, Dottie Myers, Theresa Myers, Tim Simpson, Julie Storch, Ruth Taunton, Henry Tomlinson, Mary Venable, Greg Wasserman, Ann Joyce Wennig, Barbara White, Shelby Zarnstorff, and Carol Gills on the death of her brother Marvin.
♦ Parish News
· Altar flowers on January 16th were given by Phyllis Whidden in memory of Max Ottinger and to the glory of God.
· Altar flowers today are given by Henry Egelkraut in honor of his 80th birthday.
· Empty coffee cans are needed for the Altar Guild who delivers flowers to members or friends of our congregation in need of encouragement. They can be left in the narthex.
· Happy birthday to George Althouse – January 25th and Anna Mae Chinault – January 28th.
· Assisting Minister today is Kristen Storms; Ushers are Henry & Christen Egelkraut.
· Happy anniverary to Bob & Jane Lemley and Chuck & Janie Lineberger as both couples celebrate their wedding anniversaries on Janaury 23rd. Congratulations!
· Check out our web site at: www.gracelakeland.com. New announcements posted regularly. Livestreams posted after worship services so you can view them again.
♦ Worship Opportunities:
· Evening Prayer is each Thursday at 5:30 p.m. Resumes January 13th. View it from our Facebook page or website
· Sunday morning worship in-person and livestreamed at 10:00.
♦ How to reach us:
· Online: www.gracelakeland.com and Facebook - Grace Evangelical Lutheran Church
· Email addresses: Pastor Pam Smith – firstname.lastname@example.org
Sara Anderson – email@example.com.